Updated: Jan 25
During this difficult and confusing times, we hope that everyone is doing well whether you are still working, working from home or staying home.
Handle with Care's first building block is Building trusting relationships.
Building Trusting Relationships with children is one of the most important things parents and caregivers can do for children’s social-emotional development.
Click the link for a video.
Attachment: Why is bonding so important?
credits to: tvoparents
Handle with Care promotes self-care for parents and caregivers. Self care is an effective way to promote personal well-being and create a nurturing, loving environment.
1. Massage hands with hand cream
2. Eat your favorite comfort food
3. Have a nap but not longer than 20 minutes so you don’t disrupt your night time sleep
1. Thank someone today
2. Look at favorite photos
3. Read literature unrelated to work
Emotional Self Care:
1. Watch a comedy and have a laugh
2. Think of something you are proud of and post it on the fridge
3. Write down thoughts
Spiritual Self Care:
2. Spend time in nature
3. Think of 3 things that went well today
by Robert Kraus, José Aruego (Illustrator)
credits to: Shannon T. for the video
Written and Read by Robert Munsch
Illustrated by Sheila McGraw
credits to: Mezmorize for the video
Book by Nancy Tillman
credits to : Ryan Devlin for the video
*Click the link for a Youtube video of the book being read
Stay safe and healthy!